Is new minecraft a good base for a modpack?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by rohtvak, Nov 29, 2017.

1. rohtvak

rohtvak Forum Addict

I personally do not like the versions of Minecraft after 1.7.2. It feels different somehow. Probably the everpresent invisible hand of Microsoft. Aside from my personal dislike, I don't think it's a good base for a modpack, due to the fact there are less mods available for it (last time I checked a few of the best mods didn't make it to the new versions, some being replaced by boring/weird copys). What I'm suggesting is that we simply base the pack off of an older version like 1.7.2. The main reasons for this is everyone had a lot of experience with those versions of the mods and most, if not all, of the bugs have been ironed out by now. Why switch to a newer buggier version, with more limited mods, where most ppl will have less experience?And all for what? Some small changes that aren't really that good (opinion that last one)? Why fix what isn't broken?

I'm interested to know what you all think about this topic. This is also all assuming Nent hasn't started putting it together yet.

:confused:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. ywyak

ywyak Forum Stalker

Welcome back Rohtvak,

Latest version always offer a *new* experience. There is plenty new mod Im excited to try out that's not available in older version. I believe this is the best course of action to ensure everybody enjoy a new experience.

• Like Like x 1
  3. rohtvak

rohtvak Forum Addict

I don't look forward to trying new things lol. It's usually just an annoying experience.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Timeline15

Timeline15 Forum Stalker

The pack is being made for 1.12, which, because of changes to the code for 1.13 and 1.14, is likely to become the go-to version for modded for a while, essentially the new 1.7.

Personally, I've found the changes to be pretty unobtrusive, and most of the Major mods got ported over pretty quickly. Direwolf already launched his 1.12 pack for instance. There's a couple of notable absences, but not of the staples have been put on 1.12 by now.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1