What is your favorite IDE?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Jazz007, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Jazz007

Jazz007 Forum Addict

SomeBODY ONCE TOLD
    friends of mine were discussing random things in Discord when one keyword caught my eye. It caused me to come up with a great idea. If you have a great idea that you want to put into code and then make it do stuff on your screen and possibly others' screens, what is your program of choice for making that happen?

What's your favorite developing environment? It doesn't specifically have to be about Minecraft, hence this thread being in "off topic." Do you like Eclipse, NetBeans, IntelliJ...? Are you a guru with the command line? Heck, you can even go way off topic and talk about just any program that helps you get ideas out of your head and onto your hard drive! I want to hear about it. How do you create on your PC?

2. Nentify

Owner

Java - IntelliJ IDEA
    C# - Visual Studio (JetBrains' Rider looks good too, but a bit buggy atm)
    PHP/JS/HTML5/Haskell/... - Sublime Text \o/

3. Dialga949

Dialga949 Tekkify Newbie

Well, AHK is a lifesaver in a bunch of ways for me; I automate anything I can, even up to a "Close Curse and Steam if open and launch modpack" shortcut.
    I personally use Atom by GitHub to do most of my script writing/JSON/etc stuff.
    Trying to learn Eclipse and the forge SRC right now (yes I'm still on 1.7.10 don't judge me).

4. Evinid Eden

Evinid Eden Tekkify Newbie

I'm a programmer and work in NetBeans with Java for application development. I've used eclipse and intellij, both are great IDEs and have pretty much the same functionality. For Android development I prefer Android Studio which is intellij.

5. hiya4567

hiya4567 Forum Legend

Visual studio for C++ and Eclipse for java. Theres a bunch of others ill use at some point but ive only been at uni 2 months so for now while(noob = 1){come back and check if ive added any more in a few months; if(i have){noob++;}} :brb:

6. Ortho

Ortho Developer

I use Eclipse for Java; all the cool kids use IntelliJ IDEA. I tried to use IntelliJ for a small project and I found it very frustrating that Enter did not auto-indent and place a closing curly brace like it does in Eclipse and in every other code editor I've used - this is a problem because I often inadvertently leave Shift held down immediately after using it to type an open curly brace, which is when I would press Enter.
    I use Atom for miscellaneous other things. If you don't mind being bugged about buying something then I would recommend Sublime since Atom doesn't handle large files well and is generally slower.

7. ywyak

ywyak Forum Stalker

late reply, but i'll just post it before it closes down:

Java: Intellij.
    all other programming (HTML&CSS, JavaScript, shitposting): Atom with several package installed.

now the really good question everybody should answer: what theme do you use?

i personally use Monkai for everything.